Being Covid-19 aware in Early Years settings
Morning Star Educational Centre would like to provide a course for Nurseries to learn about COVID-19 (coronavirus), symptoms, infection prevention guidance and support of what the Early Years sector can do to reopen. The workforce can be well prepared to recognise and prevent the spread of the virus over the coming weeks and months.
All guidance included in this course has been taken from the Coronavirus guidance for health professionals on gov.uk and the Department for Education guidance for Educational settings and their key workers. The course has been developed for all staff with an emphasis on those working directly with the children.
In addition to completing this course, learners should read the COVID-19 guidance for infection prevention and control in Early years settings.
On completion I would advise learners to complete Health prevention and control within a Nursery setting.
- What is COVID-19
- How does COVID-19 spread
- Identifying symptoms of COVID -19 amongst children in your care
- Who are the identified groups in Nursery settings?
- How Nurseries can reduce the spread of COVID- 19.
- The importance of Hand Hygiene
- The roles managers are expected to play during COVID- 19
- The roles staff are expected to play during COVID-19
- The roles the Health and safety officer are expected to play during COVID-19